TRIFED expands Tribes India product range
- TRIFED was established in August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 by the Government of India.
- It was formed with the main objective of institutionalising the trade of Minor forest products(MFP) and to provide the tribals of India a fair price for the surplus agricultural products produced by them.
- It is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- TRIFED is mandated to ringing about socio-economic development of tribals of the country by institutionalising the trade of Minor Forest Produce & Surplus Agricultural Produce (SAP) collected/ cultivated by them.
- It plays the dual role of both a market developer and a service provider, empowering them with knowledge and tools to better their operations in a systematic, scientific manner and also assist them in developing their marketing approach
- The organization is involved actively in capacity building of the tribal people through sensitisation and the formation of Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- It is engaged in training the tribals in several activities, so that they can effectively carry them out.
- It also helps them in exploring and creating opportunities to market the developed products in national and international markets on a sustainable basis.
- TRIBES India is the brand under which the sourced handcrafted products from the tribal people are sold.
Programs of TRIFED
- Non Timber Forest Produces
- Retail Marketing
- PM Van Dhan Yojana
- Corporate affairs Division
- Research & Development