Context: Government in the Budget 2020 removed an anti-dumping duty that was levied on imports of a chemical called PTA
- Excellent weathering
- Resistance towards chemicals & stains
- Hard & Flexible
- Good glass transition temperature range
- Efficient powder flow & fluidizing characteristics
- Used in
- Production of high-performance multipurpose plastics like polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT) and even forms of bioplastics.
- Manufacture polyester coating resins for manufacturing general metal, appliances, automotive, industrial maintenance even coil coatings.
- Polyester fabrics.
- Polyester staple fibre and spun yarn. Our cushions and sofas may have polyester staple fibre fillings. Some sportswear, swimsuits, dresses, trousers, curtains, sofa covers, jackets, car seat covers and bed sheets have a certain proportion of polyester in them.
- Import from countries like China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iran, Korea and Thailand
- Anti Dumping Duty was imposed by Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR) in 2013
- Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG), another raw material used in the manufacturing of polyester, is currently the subject of another anti-dumping duty investigation initiated by DGTR