About Paray Shikshalaya-
- It aims to encourage students who dropped out of schools during the Covid-19 pandemic to continue their education.
- Initially, the initiative was meant for primary school students (1 to 5).
- However, students in classes 6 and 7 were also included as physical classes in schools did not reopen for them.
- Students are being called in batches and arrangements for mid-day meals have also been made for the students taking neighbourhood classes.
- Schools which do not have open-air spaces conducted the classes in neighbourhood parks and grounds.
- Local councilors and MLAs helped set up infrastructure in such parks like putting up makeshift shades and chairs, besides making mid-day meal arrangements for the students. Benches were set up for students and blackboards were placed to provide a real classroom experience.