In news–The Minister of Civil Aviation has said that in order to facilitate e-governance and automation of internal processes the ministry is mulling over the implementation of the e-BCAS project.
What is the e-BCAS project?
- The ‘e-BCAS’ project envisaged to achieve a “paperless office” under e-Governance for automation of internal processes.
- It is aimed at facilitating external stakeholders to access the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) system by digital automation of all internal office procedures.
- In 2016, the project was approved by the MoCA at an estimated cost of Rs.21.69 crore.
- This is an online platform for facilitation of stakeholders.
- It will leverage strengths of existing processes and organization structure, with the objective to make entire activities transparent, user-friendly and efficient.
- It will digitize the office processes, facilitate fast approvals, and ensure ease of doing business, by technological integration across various divisions and processes.
- BCAS establishes, develops, implements, maintains and reviews the National Aviation Security programme.
- It also safeguards civil aviation operations against the acts of unlawful interference and threat, taking into account the safety, regularity and efficiency of flights.
- Under the e-Sahaj module, issuance of security clearance will be provided.
- The Module involves online testing and effective supervision on quality of training being imparted.
- The Centralized Access Control System (CACS) deals with online system for Bio-metric Aerodrome entry permit and vehicle entry permit.
- It will regulate access of employees of approved Government and private entities and authorized vehicles across zones at airports.
- The e-Security programme is the single window facility for security programme approvals.
- The e-Quality control module is for security audit and security inspection of airports.
- The 3 modules – e-Sahaj, CACS and e-training have been completed and launched.
- The e-Security module is likely to be completed by June 2022 and e-Quality control programme is likely to be completed by August this year.