Zonal Cultural Centre
- Zonal Cultural Centre established the northern region Hussainiwala, Punjab on 23rd March 1985.
- The concept was enlarged with the setting up of seven Zonal Cultural Centers in the 7th Five Year Plan.
Objectives of ZCCs
- ZCCs prime objective of creative development of Indian culture in the different regions and for building up a sense of cultural cohesiveness in the country.
- ZCCs work for national unity through cultural integration.
- ZCCs seek to inspire, foster and promote fine arts, dance, drama, music, theatre, crafts and related forms of creative expression.
- Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre, Kolkata
- North Central Zone Cultural Centre, Allahabad
- North east Zone Cultural centre, Dimapur
- North Zone Cultural centre, Patiala
- South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur
- South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur
- West Zone Cultural Centre, Udaipur
Schemes implemented by ZCCs
- National Cultural Exchange Programme (NCEP): Under this scheme, various festivals of performing arts, exhibitions, yatras etc are organized in member States.
- Guru Shishya Parampara: Disciples are trained under veterans in art forms which are rare and vanishing. Rare and vanishing art forms of the region are identified and eminent exponents are selected to carry out the training programmes in ‘Gurukula’ tradition.
- Award to Young Talented Artists: The Scheme “Young Talented Artists” is carried out to encourage and recognize the young talents especially in the field of rare art forms.
- Shilpgram: To promote folk and tribal art and crafts of the zone
- Octave: To promote and propagate the rich cultural heritage of the North East region comprising eight States namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura to the rest of India.
- Theatre Rejuvenation: To promote theatre activities including stage shows and Production oriented workshops, etc.
- Research & Documentation: To preserve, promote and propagate vanishing visual and performing art forms including folk, tribal and classical in the field of music, dance, theatre, literature, fine arts etc. in print/ audio – visual media.