Source: PIB & Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
- The ‘YUVA’ initiative by Delhi Police aims to connect with youth by upgrading their skills as per their competencies.
- It will help them to get gainful employment under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna under the Ministry of Skill Development.
- Delhi Police has tied up with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for providing mass job linked skill training for the selected youth.
- National Skill Development Corporation provided skill training to the youth under ‘Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna’ (PMKVY) and CII provided job linked training through its Sector Skill Councils who are connected to industry and thereby provide job guarantee.
- Under this, a detailed exercise was conducted in all 13 districts of Delhi Police to select the youth in the age of 17-25 years for this training belonging to categories such as School dropouts, Juvenile offenders, Victims of crimes and families in dire state due to incarceration of the bread earner of the family, mostly from the underprivileged colonies.
- ‘After selection, their counselling was conducted by professional counsellors of NSDC to select the skill for this training based on the educational qualification and their interest. The online data of all the selected youth has also been ensured.
- NSDC and CII also gave a skill certificate to all the participants in the completion of the course.
- This scheme envisages to ensure that the maximum number of youth who participate in this training get subsequently employed in the industry under PMKVY Scheme.