In news- The government has launched a new portal called “Bhuvan Yuktdhara” to aid in the planning of new MGNREGA assets using Remote Sensing and GIS based information.
About Yuktdhara portal-
- Yuktdhara is a geospatial planning portal meant for facilitating Gram Panchayat level planning of MGNREGA activities across India.
- This platform is built by joint efforts of ISRO and Ministry of Rural development for rural planning in support of decentralized decision making.
- Portal integrates a wide variety of spatial information contents to enable a holistic approach towards planning using open source GIS tools.
- Planners will analyse previous assets under various schemes and facilitate identification of new works using online tools.
- Plans prepared will be evaluated by appropriate authorities under State Departments.
- Thus, Yuktdhara based plans will be prepared by grass root functionaries and verified by appropriate authorities for relevance and resource allocation.
- This would ensure quality of plan and enable a long term monitoring of the assets created over the years.
- This platform will serve as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programmes i.e. MGNREGA, Integrated Watershed Management Programme, Per Drop More Crop and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana etc., along with field photographs.
- The name of the portal is very apt as the word ‘Yukt’ is derived from Yojanam, the planning and ‘Dhara’ indicates the flow.
- GeoMGNREGA- GeoMGNREGA on Bhuvan has received wide acclaim.
- JANMANREGA-A Citizen-centric Mobile Application has helped rural population for providing feedback using Bhuvan services.
- Bhuvan, is the national Geo-portal developed and hosted by ISRO comprising Geo Spatial Data, Services and Tools for Analysis.
- It has many versatile features, (1) Visualization of Satellite Imagery and Maps (2) Analysis (3) Free Data Download and (4) Download Reports to name a few.
- The Satellite Imageries are of Multi-sensor, Multi-platform and Multi-temporal in nature and can be visualized in 2D and 3D.
- Varieties of thematic maps are also hosted for analysis of various natural resources themes.
- Bhuvan platform supports many applications that address Governance and other GeoSpatial applications that are being used by the Central and State Governments Departments, Academia and Industry.