In news- The world’s first solo motorcycle expedition undertaken by Miss Kanchan Ugusandi recently culminated in New Delhi.
- The expedition was flagged off by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh on June 11, 2021 from New Delhi.
- It covered 18 treacherous passes in Northern Himalayan ranges.
- The month-long expedition witnessed many firsts by a solo woman rider.
- Miss Ugusandi has become the first solo woman biker to scale the world’s highest motorable Umlingla Pass, of Ladakh, at 19,300 feet made by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- She became the first woman to cover the 18 passes and also the first woman to traverse a distance of 3,187 kilometers from New Delhi-Manali-Leh -Umlingla-Delhi in one go.
- The solo motorcycle expedition also played a pivotal role in promoting road and COVID safety awareness in border areas.