In news- World’s first Bio bank of Ayurveda will come up at All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA).
About All India Institute of Ayurveda-
- It has been conceived as an Apex Institute for Ayurveda that aims at bringing a synergy between Traditional Wisdom of Ayurveda and Modern tools and technology.
- The institute would offer postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines of Ayurveda and will focus on fundamental research of Ayurveda, drug development, standardization, quality control, safety evaluation and scientific validation of Ayurvedic medicine.
- Institute has a 200 bed referral hospital for facilitating clinical research.
- Once fully established, the Institute will have 25 Specialty Departments and 12 clinics with 8 interdisciplinary research laboratories.
- The patient care will be done primarily through Ayurveda of tertiary level.
- This institute shall also have an international collaborative centre for global promotion and research in Ayurveda.
The functions of the institute will be the following:
- i) Development of the institute as an apex human resource development center of Ayurveda medicinal knowledge with linkages to the current healthcare system
- ii) Generation of public awareness about the potential of Ayurveda medicine practices in disease, prevention and health promotion.
iii) To develop linkages with other academic and research institutions in different part of India and abroad.
- iv) To publish journals, research papers, brochures, newsletters and text books and to have a documentation and resource centre and maintenance of libraries with latest information services.
- v) To conduct intramural and extramural research on all aspects of Ayurveda and interdisciplinary research in medicine and sciences related to Ayurveda.
- vi) To cooperate with national and international agencies engaged in research, capacity building, documentation, validation, preservation and practice of Ayurveda.
viii) To issue appeals and apply for money and funds in the furtherance of the objectives of the Institute and to raise or collect funds by gifts, donations, subscriptions, securities and movable or immovable property.