About the Summit-
- It is one of the leading global forums on the green economy.
- It brings together world-class experts in critical sectors from around the world to directly focus on advancing the global green economy and sustainability agenda, achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- The 8th Summit focuses on four key pillars of the green economy: Energy, Finance, Food Security, and Youth.
- This Summit was organised by the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, Dubai Supreme Council of Energy and World Green Economy Organization in cooperation with WETEX.
- The WGES is the premier international platform to drive dialogue and action amongst industry stakeholders, and build partnerships and collaboration by connecting creative minds across different sectors.
- The summit showcases innovative solutions and leading practices to inspire change, and aims to align stakeholders with policy makers to create a facilitative environment and ecosystem for sustainable green growth that address current and future needs.
What is Green Economy?
A green economy is defined as low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. In a green economy, growth in employment and income are driven by public and private investment into such economic activities, infrastructure and assets that allow reduced carbon emissions and pollution, enhanced energy and resource efficiency, and prevention of the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services.