In news- The annual meeting of the World Economic Forum(WEF) is being held in Davos from 17 to 21 January 2022.
What is Davos Agenda ’22 of WEF?
- The Davos Agenda 2022 is the starting point for the dialogue needed for global cooperation in 2022.
- It offers the first global platform of 2022 for world leaders to come together to share their visions for the year ahead.
- The thematic agenda on “State of the World” saw heads of state and government, CEOs and other leaders speak on critical global challenges.
- The event will also mark the launch of several Forum initiatives including
- efforts to accelerate the race to net-zero emissions.
- ensure the economic opportunity of nature-positive solutions.
- create cyber resilience.
- strengthen global value chains.
- build economies in fragile markets through humanitarian investing.
- bridge the vaccine manufacturing gap and
- use data solutions to prepare for the next pandemic.
- Several leaders including the Indian Prime Minister participated in the event virtually.
About World Economic Forum(WEF)-
- WEF is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
- It was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
- Following are the reports released by WEF:
- Global Risks Report.
- Fostering Effective Energy Transition.
- Global Social Mobility Report .
- The Global Gender Gap Report.
- Global Information Technology Report.
- Global Competitiveness Index (GCI).
- It hosts an annual meeting at the end of January in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubünden, in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland.
- In 2015, the Forum was formally recognised as an international organization.