About World Bank’s climate change knowledge portal
- This portal provides global data on historical and future climate, vulnerabilities, and impacts
- The Portal provides an online platform for access to comprehensive global, regional, and country data related to climate change and development.
- The Portal provides a web-based platform to assist in capacity building and knowledge development.
- The portal aims to provide development practitioners with a resource to explore, evaluate, synthesize, and learn about climate-related vulnerabilities and risks at multiple levels of details.
- Using climate science research results to inform the decision making process concerning policies or specific measures needed to tackle climate impacts, or even to understand low carbon development processes, is often a difficult, yet crucial, undertaking.
- It contains environmental, disaster risk, and socio-economic datasets, as well as synthesis products, such as the Climate Adaptation Country Profiles and Climate Smart Agriculture Profiles, which are built and packaged for specific user-focused functions in a particular country or sector.
What can users achieve using CCKP?
- Users are able to evaluate climate-related vulnerabilities, risks, and actions for a particular location on the globe by interpreting climate and climate-related data at different levels of details.
- Learn about climate and climate related datasets at the global, regional, and country level.
- Enhance knowledge on climate change related topics, including exposure, vulnerability, sectoral impacts, and adaptation options.
- Assess, visualize, and download resourceful climate data and information.