About WTI Awards-
- WTI Award is NITI Aayog’s annual initiative to highlight the commendable and ground-breaking endeavours of India’s women leaders and change-makers.
- The WTI Awards have continuously recognized role models who have broken glass ceilings and created a positive impact.
- Since 2018, the Awards have been hosted under the aegis of NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), with a special focus on entrepreneurship.
- Applications for the WTI Awards ’21 were invited under one or more than one of the following seven categories:
- Public and Community Service.
- Manufacturing Sector.
- Non-manufacturing Sector.
- Financial Products enabling Economic Growth.
- Climate Action.
- Promote Art, Culture and Handicrafts.
- Digital Innovation.
- This year, as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate 75 years of India’s independence, the WTI Awards were conferred on 75 women achievers to celebrate their contribution towards a ‘Sashakt Aur Samarth Bharat’.
About Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP):
- WEP is an aggregator portal that aims to catalyze the entrepreneurial ecosystem for women and address information asymmetry.
- It is the first of its kind facilitation platform which is mandated to work in collaboration with the public as well as private sector organizations and bring them on a single platform by listing their women-focused entrepreneurship schemes, initiatives, and programmes on WEP website.
- The platform played an active role during Covid-19 by conducting webinars to provide business support to women entrepreneurs and through its Masking It Up campaign, whereby women-led small businesses in India that were adversely impacted were supported.