Women Entrepreneurship under Startup India
Free Coworking Space
- Startup India in collaboration with select organizations across India, is providing free co-working space for startups led by women entrepreneurs.
- These startups will be able to work in a collaborative and flexible environment based on mutual trust between the organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Over fifty free seats are up for grab for a period of three months. The following leading co-working partners of the Startup Ecosystem are providing this free co-working opportunity.
- As a way to provide instant mentorship to aspiring women entrepreneurs, Startup India is organizing a Speed Mentoring session.
- Several panels will be set up and each panel will consist of 4 eminent women personalities:
- An Investor
- A Government/Industry Official
- A Successful Woman Entrepreneur and
- A Legal Specialist.
- The selected entrepreneur will receive an opportunity to spend 10 minutes with each stakeholder in the panel, hence receiving 40 minutes of dedicated interaction and facetime with the panelists.
- The purpose of this interaction is to enable these entrepreneurs to develop their own skills and strategies and take their ideas to the next level.
Women Entrepreneurship under Stand up India
- Women trailblazing innovation
- The increasing presence of women as entrepreneurs has led to the change in the demographic characteristics of business and economic growth of the country.
- Women-owned businesses enterprises are playing a prominent role in society inspiring others and generating more employment opportunities in the country.
- There is a need for sustainable growth of women entrepreneurs, to promote a balanced growth in the country, and Startup India is committed to strengthening the women entrepreneurship ecosystem, through policies and initiatives, and creation of enabling networks.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
- The idea of setting up a Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to promote and support established as well as aspiring women entrepreneurs in India took seed at the 8th Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) 2017 held in Hyderabad, jointly by NITI Aayog in partnership with the Government of the United States of America.
- The platform was formally launched on 8 March 2018.
- It is the first of its kind facilitation platform which is mandated to work in collaboration with public as well as private sector organizations and bring them on a single platform by listing their women focused entrepreneurship schemes, initiatives and programmes on WEP website.
- It also enables sharing of best practices amongst women entrepreneurs and partner organizations and promotes evidence based policy making.
- WEP, through its partners, tends to offer services to members under various support areas:
- Incubation and Acceleration
- Entrepreneurship Skilling
- Marketing Assistance,
- Funding and Financial Assistance
- Compliances Support
- Social Entrepreneurship
- WEP has more than 30 partners from various industries and sectors and have signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with many of those who have committed specific deliverables towards WEP users.
- These partners include, Atal Innovation Mission, CRISIL, SIDBI, FICCI, NASSCOM, Google, Facebook, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, CII, WEE Foundation, Nexus Incubator, MannDeshi Foundation, ShopClues, SEWA Bank amongst others.