In news- Cases linked to ‘white fungus’ infection have been traced in Patna, Bihar.
About White fungus-
- Patients of white fungus show Covid-like symptoms but test negative.
- It can affect lungs and also other parts of the body like nails, skin, stomach, kidney, brain, private parts and mouth.
- The infection can be diagnosed through CT-Scan or X-ray.
- The risk of catching the disease is highest for those with frail immunity, suffering from pre-existing medical issues, including diabetes, and/or using steroids.
- It also affects those coronavirus patients who are on oxygen support.
- According to the medical experts, the white fungus can be more dangerous than the black fungus.
- It may be risky for pregnant women and children, as per reports.
- Proper emphasis should be laid on sanitization and cleaning of supplies, environment, since molds can be directly inhaled by a suspected patient.