Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) on 5th November, 2020.
- It is organized by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
- It is an exclusive dialogue between leading global institutional investors, Indian business leaders and the highest decision makers from the Government of India and Financial Market Regulators.
- Union Finance Minister, Union Minister of State for Finance, RBI Governor and other dignitaries will also be present on the occasion.
- The Roundtable will witness participation from twenty of the world’s largest pension and sovereign wealth funds with a total Assets Under Management of about US$6 trillion.
- These global institutional investors represent key regions including the US, Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, Middle East, Australia, and Singapore.
- Some of these investors would also be engaging for the first time with the Government of India.
- Its main focus is on discussions around India’s economic and investment outlook, structural reforms and the government’s vision for the path to a USD 5 trillion economy.
- It provides an opportunity to leading global investors and Indian business leaders to engage and deliberate with senior policymakers on how to further accelerate the growth of international investments in India.
- Will provide an occasion for all stakeholders to further cement the strong partnerships that have been built with international institutional investors.