In News: Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister inaugurated the virtual Agri-hackathon 2020.
Virtual Agri-Hackathon 2020
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, inaugurated the Virtual Agri-hackathon 2020 organised by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare in association with IARI, Pusa, New Delhi .
- This is the largest virtual platform for dialogues and strengthening innovations in agriculture. The event will also see more than 50 speakers providing their views through agricultural meets.
- It is the first-of-its-kind virtual event that will go on for 2 months.
- This brings together the country’s young and innovative minds, startups searching for innovative solutions to the present problems of the agriculture industry.
- The virtual Agri- hackathon 2020 has been organized by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare and Pusa Krishi, ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)-IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute).
- Applications have been invited for innovative solutions to the problems of agriculture by startups, innovators, etc. The last date of application is January 20, 2021.
- The event that will run for 2 months will have three elimination rounds to select the final 24 winners.
- The evaluation of the applications will be done by experts in various fields after undertaking various parameters like potential impact, feasibility, market need, etc.
- The winners will be provided a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh each along with incubation support and the opportunity for field trials.
- This event will be able to create a digital pool of best solutions for the present issues of the industry.
About Agri India Hackathon
- Agri India Hackathon is the largest virtual gathering to create dialogues, and accelerate innovations in agriculture.
- The Agri India Hackathon 2020 is organized by Pusa Krishi, ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) & Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare.
- With India’s expanding population, global climate change, and the current uncertain situation — the future of agriculture holds the opportunities & power to reshape our lives.
- The most important stakeholders from industries & government alongside India’s young bright minds, creative startups, and smart innovators will build new, fast, and frugal solutions to tackle the big questions we’re facing today at this national-level hackathon.
- Bringing together fresh perspectives, disruptive approaches, and cutting-edge research & knowledge, believe in collaborative impact. Agri India
- Hackathon 2020 to be held online invites collaboration & participation from across the country and intersectional industries.
- Established in 2014, Pusa Krishi is an initiative to encourage and support agriculture-focused startups at ICAR-IARI, New Delhi.
- Supported by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) of Department of Biotechnology and Department of Science & Technology, MSME, Pusa Krishi is working to transform and create deep impact across the agriculture ecosystem through innovation awareness and adoption.