In news- Recently, Atal Innovation Mission(AIM), NITI Aayog launched Vernacular Innovation Program (VIP) to Empower Innovators, Entrepreneurs in 22 Mother Tongues.
About Vernacular Innovation Program (VIP)-
- Under the programme, AIM will be training a vernacular task force (VTF) in each of the 22 scheduled languages with each task force consisting of vernacular language teachers, technical writers, subject experts and the leadership of regional Atal Incubation Centers (AICs).
- To get the program rolling, AIM NITI Aayog is launching a train-the-trainer program where it will collaborate with the Design Department of IIT Delhi to coach the VTF in design thinking and entrepreneurship and the adaptation of these subjects in the 22 languages and cultures.
- Furthermore, industry mentors have joined hands to lend design thinking expertise, and CSR sponsors have agreed to generously support the program.
- Upon training the task force over the period of December 2021 to April 2022, the ecosystem will be opened to vernacular innovators.
- VIP is an initiative to lower the language barrier in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship such that it will systematically decouple creative expressions and languages of transaction.
- India may be the first nation in the world to launch such an initiative where an innovation ecosystem catering to 22 languages plus English is being built.