Vaibhav summit which was inaugurated on 2nd October, 2020 concluded recently.
- Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit is a collaborative initiative by S&T and Academic Organisations of India, DRDO.
- It enables deliberations on thought process, practices and R&D culture with a problem solving approach for well defined objectives.
- The VAIBHAV initiative aims to bring out the comprehensive roadmap to leverage the expertise and knowledge of global Indian researchers for solving emerging challenges.
- The goal is to create an ecosystem of Knowledge and Innovation in the country through global outreach.
- It envisages to bring the Indian Overseas and Resident academicians/scientists together as an association.
- The broad S&T areas discussed during the summit were computational sciences, electronics & communication, quantum technologies, photonics, aerospace technologies, medical sciences, biotechnology, agriculture, material & processing technologies, advanced manufacturing and earth sciences.
Source: PIB, Livemint