In news- Recently a draft flyer of a 23-night ‘vaccine tourism package’ from Delhi to Moscow was leaked on social media.
About vaccine tourism-
- It simply means travelling to another country for sightseeing with an included benefit of getting the jab.
- Russia is one of few countries that allows entry to Indians with just a negative PCR report and no quarantine on arrival which has resulted in the popularity of ‘vaccine tourism’ packages.
- Many Indians, who fled to Dubai just before international flight ban came into effect recently are said to have availed the Chinese vaccine Sinopharm’s shots in the UAE.
- There are a few countries in the world like parts of the US, Russia, Slovakia, Zimbabwe etc… that have not restricted their vaccination policy to local residents.
- Currently, it is not illegal to travel to a foreign country to get vaccinated if air travel is allowed.
- Vaccine tourism is different from Vaccine passport, where the latter is a record or health data certificate that would carry information about whether a person has been inoculated or has tested negative for Covid-19.