In news- Singapore has introduced Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), for reopening of international travel in the aftermath of Covid-19.
About Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL)-
- VTLs are basically an extension of travel corridors but only for travellers who have been fully vaccinated.
- As of date, Singapore has established VTLs with two jurisdictions — Germany and Brunei Darussalam — allowing fully vaccinated passengers from these two places to arrive in Singapore for any travel purpose without quarantine requirements.
- Singapore will designate specific flights with the country on the other side of the lane only for passengers having a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) issued by the Singapore government.
- Fully vaccinated passengers will be able to apply for a VTP from September 1 for travel from September 8 onwards on the designated flights.
- Singapore citizens and permanent residents do not need to apply for the VTP to travel back home under the VTL.
- Applications for a VTP must be made between seven to 30 calendar days before the intended date of entry into Singapore.
- Though Quarantine requirements have been done away with for passengers arriving on VTL flights, they must still get an RT-PCR test done 48 hours ahead of the scheduled departure time.
- However, in addition to these, usual flights from these countries and others under agreements with Singapore will also be allowed to fly but passengers without a VTP will be subject to stringent quarantine requirements upon arrival in Singapore.