In News: Indian Railways has introduced and enabled the booking of unreserved tickets through the Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS) mobile app from February 1 in the Suburban area of Chennai, for the convenience of suburban passengers
About UTS app
- The passenger will have to commence the journey within one hour of booking the ticket through the UTS mobile application.
- This app can be downloaded from Apple store as well as Google Play store. UTS on Mobile app offers various e-payment options for topping up Rail Wallet (R-Wallet).
- The R-Wallet can be recharged by passengers online through the official IRCTC website and also, at station ticket counters.
Key benefits of UTS app
- While recharging on the UTS app, 5 percent cash bonus will be offered to the passenger.
- For every R-wallet recharge of Rs 100, tickets can be booked up to an amount of Rs 105.
- Tickets, as for the geo-fencing aspect, can be booked through the app in the range of 5 kilometres to 30 metres radius of suburban stations.
- However, within 30 metres closer limit to stations, bookings on UTS app will not be possible.
- For ease of booking unreserved tickets and avoiding the need for queuing up at ticket counters, the national transporter has requested Chennai suburban commuters to extensively use UTS Mobile App.