In news : Ministry of Science & Technology has launched USIAI initiative recently
About the USIAI initiative
- It is an initiative of Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF), a bilateral organization funded by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Governments of India, and the U.S. Department of States
- Focus: It focuses on AI cooperation in critical areas that are priorities for both countries.
- USIAI will serve as a platform to discuss opportunities, challenges, and barriers for bilateral AI R&D collaboration, enable AI innovation, help share ideas for developing an AI workforce, and recommend modes and mechanisms for catalyzing partnerships.
- This initiative will provide an opportunity for key stakeholder groups to share experiences, identify new R&D areas and opportunities that would benefit from synergistic activities, discuss the emerging AI landscape, and address the challenges of developing an AI workforce.
- USIAI leverages IUSSTF’s unique ability to bring together key stakeholders from India and the United States to create synergies that address challenges and opportunities at the interface of science, technology, and society.
- This initiative is another example of IUSSTF’s critical role in catalyzing collaborations between India and the U.S. in cutting-edge areas of science and technology
Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
- IUSSTF was established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000
- It is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- The Department of Science & Technology, Governments of India and the U.S. Department of States are respective nodal departments.
Vision: Excellence in Science, Technology and Innovation space through collaborative initiatives between India and the United States of America
Act as a catalyst to promote long-term scientific collaborations between India and the U.S. through partnerships amongst individual scientists, scientific institutions and the scientific community at large.Establish platforms and mechanisms to connect the S&T eco-systems of both the countries to act as a fertile ground to foster individual and institutional partnerships in a natural and sustainable manner.