In news- “Unmesha-Festival of Expression”, a three-day international literary festival with more than 425 litterateurs from 15 countries in attendance, will begin in Shimla 21 June 2022.
About the festival-
- It is jointly organised by the Union ministry of culture, Sahitya Akademi and the Himachal Pradesh Department of Language and Culture, and is part of the series of events under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- It would Be India’s largest Literature festival and it will feature discussions, paper presentations, poetry readings and story readings by eminent writers, poets and critics.
- There will be sessions on tribal literature and LGBTQ writings and one session on Himachali folk songs too.
- Various cultural performances, including “Krishna Kaaliya” – Bharatanatyam rendition by Sonal Mansingh troupe, Himachali folk dances will be the key attractions during the festival.
- The fest would start with the session on literature and women empowerment to be presided over by Kiran Bedi who will speak on the topic ‘Mere Sathiya ki Maayane’.
- Prominent personalities from the art and literature, including the winner of the 2022 Man Booker Prize Geetanjali Shree would be participating in the event.