In News: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)entered into a partnership with the Government of Denmark to support the Union Government’s flagship programme, Jal Jeevan Mission in Uttar Pradesh on World Water day.
- The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nation.
- Headquarters: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Ms. Faremo was appointed Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UNOPS in August 2014, succeeding Mr Jan Mattsson.
- UNOPS helps the UN and its partners provide peace and security, humanitarian and development solutions. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
- Focused on implementation, committed to UN values and private sector efficiency, and are the only part of the UN not receiving core funding from taxpayers.
- Services cover infrastructure, project management, procurement, financial management and human resources.
- UNOPS helps the UN, governments and other partners to manage projects, and deliver sustainable infrastructure and procurement in an efficient way.
Mission: With the values and principles of the United Nations and the innovation and efficiency of a self-financed institution, we help people build better lives.
Vision: Is a world where people can live full lives supported by appropriate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure and by the efficient, transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management