The Finance Minister said that in her Budget Speech of July 2019, She had announced the National Research Foundation and added that the NRF outlay will be of Rs. 50,000 crore, over 5 years.
It will ensure that the overall research ecosystem of the country is strengthened with focus on identified national-priority thrust areas.
National Language Translation Mission (NTLM):
Government will undertake a new initiative – National Language Translation Mission (NTLM). This will enable the wealth of governance-and-policy related knowledge on the Internet being made available in major Indian languages.
The New Space India Limited (NSIL)
NSIL is a PSU under the Department of Space will execute the PSLV-CS51 launch, carrying the Amazonia Satellite from Brazil, along with a few smaller Indian satellites.
- As part of the Gaganyaan mission activities, four Indian astronauts are being trained on Generic Space Flight aspects, in Russia.
- The first unmanned launch is slated for December 2021.
Deep Ocean Mission
- Our oceans are a storehouse of living and non-living resources.
- To better understand this realm, the Government will launch a Deep Ocean Mission with a budget outlay of more than Rs. 4,000 crores, over five years.
- This Mission will cover deep ocean survey exploration and projects for the conservation of deep sea biodiversity.