will now be able to sell their products at the click of a mouse as the government is set to launch a dedicated e-marketplace for them this Gandhi Jayanti to connect them to a larger national and international market. Around 5 lakh tribal items across 20,000 categories, including textiles, paintings, home decor items, jewellery, and metal crafts, will be available on the website.ribal artisans
More About Tribes India e-Marketplace
- There will be local collection centres from where the products will be supplied across the country.
- The products on the e-marketplace will undergo strict quality checks and a committee will fix prices for each item.
- Quality organic products will be delivered to buyers, who will have the option to return them within 15 days.
- For every Rs 100, Rs 70 will go to the tribal sellers
- Tribal artisans will be trained and asked to register themselves as sellers on the website. The objective is to bring around 5 lakh tribal artisans online.
- The suppliers comprise tribal artisans, tribal self-help groups and NGOs working with tribals. The platform provides tribal suppliers with an omni-channel facility to sell their goods through their own retailers and distributors, TRIFED’s network of outlets and e-commerce partners as well as their own account in e-marketplace.