Recently 3rd Annual Review meeting on Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) was held at Baidyanath Dham Deoghar, Jharkhand.
- The Swachh Iconic Places is an initiative under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- It is a special clean-up initiative focused on select iconic heritage, spiritual and cultural places in the country.
- The initiative is being coordinated by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in association with the Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Tourism and the concerned State governments.
Phase I coverage of iconic places
- Vaishno Devi, Jammu and Kashmir
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Maharashtra
- Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh
- Tirupati Temple, Andhra Pradesh
- Golden Temple, Punjab
- Manikarnika Ghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah, Rajasthan
- Meenakshi Temple, Tamil Nadu
- Kamakhya Temple, Assam
- Jagannath Puri, Odisha
Phase II coverage of iconic places
- Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain
- Char Minar, Hyderabad
- Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assissi, Goa
- Adi Shankaracharya’s abode Kaladi in Ernakulam
- Gomateshwar in Shravanbelgola
- Baijnath Dham, Devghar
- Gaya Tirth in Bihar
- Somnath temple in Gujarat.
Phase III coverage iconic places
- Raghavendra Swamy Temple (Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh)
- Hazardwari Palace (Murshidabad, West Bengal)
- Brahma Sarovar Temple (Kurukshetra, Haryana)
- VidurKuti (Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh)
- Mana village (Chamoli, Uttarakhand)
- Pangong Lake (Leh-Ladakh, J&K)
- Nagvasuki Temple (Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh)
- ImaKeithal/market (Imphal, Manipur)
- Sabarimala Temple (Kerala)
- Kanvashram (Uttarakhand)