- An overarching council that facilitates the PSA’s Office to assess the status in specific science and technology domains, comprehend challenges, formulate interventions, develop a futuristic roadmap and advise the Prime Minister accordingly.
- The project management team at Invest India, together with the office of the PSA, will facilitate the delivery and progress of all Nine national missions under PM-STIAC.
- Synergizing Science & Technology collaborative research with various stakeholders both in central and state governments.
- Facilitating future preparedness in science and technology emerging domains.
- Formulating and coordinating major inter-ministerial Science & Technology missions.
- Ensuring an enabling ecosystem for technology-led innovations and entrepreneurship.
- Solving socio-economic challenges for sustainable growth by innovations and technology based solutions.
- Fostering effective public-private linkages for driving research and innovation.
- Developing innovation clusters with multiple stakeholders including academia, industry and government.
- Skilling in current and futuristic technologies.
List of Nine Science and Technology Missions:
- Natural Language Translation: The mission will eventually enable access to teaching and research material bilingually i.e. in English and one’s native Indian language.
- Quantum frontier: This mission aims to initiate work in control of the quantum mechanical systems.
- Artificial intelligence: This mission will focus on efforts that will benefit India in addressing societal needs in areas such as healthcare, education, agriculture, smart cities and infrastructure, including smart mobility and transportation.
- National biodiversity mission: This mission will include a comprehensive documentation of India’s biodiversity with the potential for cataloguing and mapping all lifeforms in India including associated cultural and traditional practices.
- Electric vehicles: This mission is critical for India to reduce fossil fuel consumption and mitigate emissions by making Electric Vehicles (EVs) economically viable and scalable.
- BioScience for Human Health: The primary goal of the mission is to construct comprehensive reference maps of genomes and to understand the dynamics of how exposure to different environments have impact on our bodies.
- Waste to Wealth: The goal of the mission is to identify, develop and deploy technologies to treat waste to generate energy, recycle materials and extract worth.
- Deep Ocean Exploration: The purposes of this mission is to scientifically explore the deep oceans towards improving our understanding of the blue frontier.
- AGNIi: This mission aims to support the national efforts to boost the innovation ecosystem in the country by connecting innovators across industry, individuals and the grassroots to the market and helping commercialise innovative solutions.