Indian Ports Association Launched ‘PCS 1x’ to Increase Ease of Doing Business
- ‘PCS 1x’ is a cloud based new generation technology, with user-friendly interface. This system seamlessly integrates 8 new stakeholders besides the 19 existing stakeholders from the maritime trade on a single platform.
- It offers value added services such as notification engine, workflow, mobile application, track and trace, better user interface, better security features, improved inclusion by offering dashboard for those with no IT capability.
- A unique feature of ‘PCS1x’ is that it can latch on to third party software which provides services to the maritime industry thereby enabling the stakeholders to access wide network of services.
- The system enables single sign on facility to provide one stop interface to all the functionalities across all stakeholders.
- This system will enable trade to have an improved communication with the customs as they have also embarked on an Application Programming Interface (API) based architecture, thereby enabling real time interaction. It is estimated that this feature alone will reduce by 2 days in a life of transaction.
- The application will have a cascading effect in reducing dwell time and overall cost of transaction. The platform has the potential to revolutionize maritime trade in India and bring it at par with global best practices and pave the way to improve the Ease of Doing Business world ranking and Logistics Performance Index (LPI) ranks.
- The web-based platform has been developed indigenously and is a part of the ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ initiatives of the Government.