Source: Kurukshetra Magazine
National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), is an ISO 9001-2015 certified Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). NSIC has been working to promote, aid and foster the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises in the country. NSIC operates through a countrywide network of offices and Technical Centres in the Country. In addition, NSIC has set up a Training cum Incubation Centre managed by professional manpower.
To promote and support Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Sector by providing integrated support services encompassing Marketing, Technology, Finance, and other services.
Schemes of NSIC
NSIC facilitates Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises with a set of specially tailored schemes to enhance their competitiveness. NSIC provides integrated support services under Marketing, Technology, Finance, and other Support Services.
NSIC acts as a facilitator and has devised a number of schemes to support enterprises in their marketing efforts, both domestic and foreign markets. These schemes are briefly described as under :
- Consortia and Tender Marketing: NSIC forms consortia of Micro and Small units manufacturing the same product, thereby pooling in their capacity. NSIC applies the tenders on behalf of single MSE/Consortia of MSEs for securing orders for them.
- Single point Registration for Government Purchase: The units registered under Single Point Registration Scheme of NSIC are eligible to get the benefits under Public Procurement Policy for Micro & Small Enterprises (MSEs) Order 2012
- MSME Global Mart B2B Web Portal for MSMEs: With increase in competition and melting away of international boundaries, the demand for information is reaching new heights. NSIC, realizing the needs of MSMEs, is offering Infomediary Services which is a one-stop, one-window bouquet of aids that will provide information on business & technology and also exhibit the core competence of Indian MSMEs.
- Marketing Intelligence: Collect and disseminate both domestic as well as international marketing intelligence for the benefit of MSMEs. This cell, in addition to spreading awareness about various programmes / schemes for MSMEs, will specifically maintain database and disseminate information.
- Exhibitions and Technology Fairs: To showcase the competencies of Indian SSIs and to capture market opportunities, NSIC participates in select International and National Exhibitions and Trade Fairs every year. NSIC facilitates the participation of the small enterprises by providing concessions in rental etc. Participation in these events exposes SSI units to international practices and enhances their business prowess.
- Buyer-Seller meets
NSIC facilitates credit requirements of small enterprises in the following areas:
- Financing for procurement of Raw Material (Short term): NSIC’s Raw Material Assistance Scheme aims at helping Small Enterprises by way of financing the purchase of Raw Material (both indigenous & imported).
- Finance through syndication with Banks: In order to ensure smooth credit flow to small enterprises, NSIC is entering into strategic alliances with commercial banks to facilitate long term / working capital financing of the small enterprises across the country.
NSIC offers small enterprises the following support services through its Technical Services Centres and Extension Centres:
- Advise on application of new techniques
- Material testing facilities through accredited laboratories
- Product design
- Common facility support in machining.
- Energy and environment services at selected centres
- Classroom and practical training for skill upgradation
Software Technology Cum Business Parks
NSIC has established Software Technology cum Business Parks at New Delhi and Chennai for providing the space to small and medium enterprises in software development and to IT/ITES/MSME units not regd. with STPI or the units that are falling under the overall definition of MSME as per the guidelines of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Units other than MSME such as Banks/PSUs/Financial Institutions, corporate sector etc. would also be considered for allotment on a case-to-case on merit with the approval of Competent Authority.
Other Support Services are:
- Incubation of unemployed youth for setting up of New Micro & Small enterprises
- International Cooperation(NSIC facilitates sustainable international partnerships)
- International Consultancy Services