It is also a part of the schemes implemented by DPIIT in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry for industrial development in the border areas and Hill states
The scheme for Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand also covers manufacturing & services sector and provides;
- Central Capital Investment Incentive (30% of the investment in plant & machinery with an upper limit of Rs. 5 crore)
- Central Comprehensive Insurance Incentive (Reimbursement of 100% insurance premium for 5 years).
- All new industrial units undertaking substantial expansion in the manufacturing sector and services sector including biotechnology and hydel power generation Units up to 10 MW will be eligible for the incentives.
- There is a negative category of goods that will not be eligible for incentives.
- Under this preference will also be given to eligible industrial units under the micro, small and medium enterprises
- Duration of the scheme: The scheme is in force from 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2022.