In order to empower the youngest minds of the country with the latest technologies, NITI Aayog, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in collaboration with the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) launched an AI-based Module rolled out for students in Indian schools.
- The AI-Base Module has been introduced with an objective for students to leverage the full potential of AIM’s Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) and further empowers them to innovate and create valuable solutions benefiting societies at large.
- The module contains activities, videos, and experiments that enable students to work through and learn the various concepts of AI.
- The hands-on AI module has been designed considering academic, co-scholastic and other ATL programs at school and is formulated to encourage young students to contribute to the journey of nation-building.
- The module will be a catalyst for the youth to explore, ideate and learn the latest technologies and build a generation of innovators at the grassroots level.
- NASSCOM acknowledges the role played by AI and other emerging technologies, as an imperative to build a digitally powered tomorrow.
- By inculcating AI and a ‘learning by doing’ culture in schools, huge opportunities are bound to arise for the overall industries at a global scale.
- To achieve this, NASSCOM and AIM have worked in collaboration with industry members and universities to develop special modules on Artificial Intelligence learning.
Statics on AI
It has been estimated that by 2030, the global market in AI is likely to be in the range of 15 to 15.5 trillion dollars, out of which India’s share will be close to a trillion.
|A brief note on Atal Innovation Mission|
Atal Innovation Mission housed at NITI Aayog is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. At the school level, AIM is establishing ATLs in all districts across India.