In news : TEPC has organized India Telecom 2021’ – an Exclusive International Business Expo recently
A brief note on India Telecom 2021
- India Telecom 2021’ – an Exclusive International Business Expo was held virtually on March 3 & 4, 2021 under Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAI) of Department of Commerce and with support of Department of Telecommunications & Ministry of External Affairs.
- The event was attended by potential buyers from countries across the globe
- More than 40 Indian telecom companies showcased their state of the art products and capabilities at the exhibition which is organized by TEPC as a part of this event.
- TEPC has been set up by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Ministry of Communications to promote and develop of Export of Telecom Equipment and Services.
- Vision: To make India a globally competitive telecom manufacturing & services hub for driving telecom export
- The council undertakes several activities aimed at exports promotion such as Commissioning of Studies to find potential markets, holding of National/International Seminars and facilitating participation of exporters in various overseas exhibitions.
- The council also disseminates trade related data to its members.
- The council makes various recommendations to the Government for making necessary changes in various policies and procedures for promotion of Exports and Services.
- TEPC as a Council plays a critical role in furtherance of Telecom export from India and assists Indian member companies in easy facilitation of their respective exports.
- The Council caters to the complete Telecom Ecosystem including Telecom Hardware Manufacturing, Telecom Service Provision, Telecom Software, and Consultancy.
- It thus represents the strength of Equipment Manufacturers, System Integrators, Service Providers and other stakeholders in the telecom domain.
- Creating a policy framework for the growth of the telecom & IT industry is a key priority for TEPC.
- The council works closely with the government on making policies by providing suggestions, inputs from industry members, and also spreads awareness amongst members about any policy changes and its impact