- India is one of the youngest nations in the world with nearly 65% of its population in the working age group of 15-64 years and more than 54% of its total population below 25 years of age.
- To reap this demographic dividend, India needs to equip its workforce with employable skills and knowledge so that they can contribute substantially to the economic growth of the country.
WHAT IS TECHNICAL INTERN TRAINING PROGRAM (TITP)?
- The program promotes international collaboration through the transfer of skills, technology, and knowledge among the participating countries thereby, contributing towards the human resource development. It offers training to the workers for a specific period (3 – 5 years) in Japan’s industrial society.
- The objective is to ensure that the most competent youth is selected and sent to Japan to participate in TITP.
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India and the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan signed a Memorandum of Cooperation initiating the Technical Intern Training Program (TITP) in India in October 2017.
NSDC : implementing & monitoring TITP
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated on July 31, 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (corresponding to section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013).
- NSDC was set up by the Ministry of Finance as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- The Government of India through the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) holds 49% of the share capital of NSDC, while the private sector has the balance 51% of the share capital.
- NSDC aims to promote skill development by catalyzing creation of large, quality and for-profit vocational institutions.
- NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organizations that provide skill training.
- MSDE has established its institutional framework for TITP implementation and has entrusted National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) as the Implementing and Monitoring Agency Technical Intern Training Program.