The Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) is hosting a web portal “TrackChild” to track the missing and found children.
Who all are involved in the implementation?
The TrackChild Portal is implemented in association with various stakeholders including
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- Ministry of Railways
- State Governments/UT Administrations
- Child Welfare Committees
- Juvenile Justice Boards and
- National Legal Services Authority.
other initiatives in this regard
- The “Khoya-Paya” another citizen-centric portal has also been launched in 2015.
- The Ministry of WCD supports 24×7 outreach helpline service for children in distress.
- This service is available through a dedicated toll-free number, 1098, which can be accessed by children in crisis or by adults on their behalf from any place in the geographical location of India.
- The Ministry has been using the Facial Recognition System employed by Delhi Police to track the missing children, with the help of NIC.