In news- Swachh Survekshan Grameen has been launched under the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase recently.
Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2021
- As part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Swachh Survekshan Grameen aims to support acceleration of ODF plus interventions and results in the country.
- As part of the Survekshan, Villages, Districts and States are ranked using key parameters.
- As part of Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 17 thousand 475 villages in 698 districts across the country will be covered.
- Over 87 thousand public places including schools, anganwadis, and public health centres in these villages will be visited for survey.
- Around 1,74,750 Households will be interviewed for their feedback on SBM related issues.
- Also, citizens will be mobilised to provide feedback on sanitation related issues online using an application developed for the purpose.
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS) had commissioned “Swachh SurvekshanGramin (SSG)- earlier in 2018 and 2019.
- The weights to different elements of the SSG 2021 are as below:
- Direct Observation of sanitation at public places -30%
- Citizen’s Feedback, including feedback from common citizens, key influencers at the village level and from citizens online using a mobile App -35%
- Service Level Progress on sanitation related parameters -35%
ODF Plus status
- ODF-plus status aims to ensure management of solid as well as liquid waste and is an upgradation of ODF status in which construction of adequate toilets was required so that people did not have to defecate in the open.
- For ODF-plus, local bodies are required to ensure that toilets are accessible to all households, panchayat buildings, schools and anganwadi centres in the villages.
- Along with this, they are also required to ensure that solid and liquid waste is effectively managed in at least 80% of the households and in all public places so that there is minimal littering and minimal water stagnation.