In news- IndianOil and the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural gas have developed an indigenous Solar cooktop “Surya Nutan”.
What is Surya Nutan?
- Surya Nutan is a Stationary, rechargeable, and always kitchen-connected indoor solar cooking.
- This is a patented product designed and developed by IndianOil R&D Centre, Faridabad.
- It offers an online cooking mode while charging through the Sun which maximizes the system efficiency and ensures high utilization of energy from the Sun.
- It works in a Hybrid Mode (i.e. can work on both solar & auxiliary energy sources simultaneously) which makes the Surya Nutan a reliable cooking solution for all weather conditions.
- The insulation design of Surya Nutan minimizes radiative and conductive heat losses.
- Surya Nutan is available in three different models:
- The premium model (Breakfast +Lunch+Dinner) of Surya Nutan can cook all the meals for a family of four.
- Initially, the cost of the product is around Rs 12,000 for the base model and Rs. 23,000 for Top Model.
- At a price of Rs. 12,000-14,000/- for Top Model, assuming annual consumption of 6-8 LPG cylinders, this product can pay back the buyer in the first 1-2 years itself.
- All the safety aspects required in any indoor appliances are inbuilt in Surya Nutan and is a low-maintenance system and the product has a long life.
- It is a modular system and can be designed in different sizes as per the requirement.
- ‘Surya Nutan’ follows a series of other steps being taken by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas in the current global energy crisis, including increasing ethanol blending to 20%, increasing the procurement price of Compressed Bio-Gas under the SATAT Scheme from Rs 45/kg to Rs 54/kg, drastically increasing the area under Exploration and Production to 15% of geographical area from current 7-8% and aggressively pursuing Green Hydrogen Mission in our refineries.