In news- Niti Aayog and Piramal Foundation launched a Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan in 112 aspirational districts.
About the campaign-
- The campaign is to assist in providing home-care support to asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic Covid-19 patients.
- It is part of a special initiative, Aspirational Districts Collaborative, in which local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations to address emerging problems across key focus areas.
- The Abhiyaan will be led by district magistrates in partnership with over 1,000 local NGOs, which will enlist and train over 100,000 volunteers to connect with patients through phone calls.
- They will be trained to support 20 affected families each by educating caretakers to follow Covid-19 protocols, provide psycho-social support and timely updates about patients to the administration.
- The campaign will also undertake capacity building of citizens for correct usage of oxygen concentrators that have been supplied to these districts.
- The Piramal Foundation will be working with the district magistrates to support the training of NGOs and volunteers.
- It is expected to play a key role in district preparedness for managing nearly 70 percent of COVID cases at home, reducing pressure on the health system.