In news-During the Stockholm World Water Week 2021, National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG) hosted the Meet & Mingle session on various issues.
Issues on which NMCG hosted Meet & Mingle session include:
- Making Cities Water Positive Through City Water Balance Plan.
- Integrated River Basin Management: Stakeholder Engagement.
- Developing River Sensitive Cities.
- Zero Liquid Discharge Cities.
About the Stockholm World Water Week 2021-
- World Water Week is the leading annual event on global water issues, organized by Stockholm International Water Institute(SIWI) since 1991.
- Together with organizations from all sectors and all regions of the world, it finds solutions to the world’s greatest water-related challenges.
- This year the event was held digitally from 23-27 August.
- The theme for the year 2021 is ‘Building Resilience Faster’
- World Water Week is a non-profit event, co-created together with leading organizations.
- It aims to link scientific understanding with policy and decision-making and provide concrete solutions to water, environmental and development challenges.
- With a focus on collaboration and shared learning, World Water Week is an important catalyst for change and attracts leading researchers, decision-makers, business representatives, NGOs, students, and international organizations.
The Stockholm International Water Institute(SIWI)-
- SIWI is a world-leading water institute in water governance, resilience, water diplomacy and cooperation over shared resources.
- SIWI works across the world to help countries, cities, and companies find smarter ways to manage and use water.
- The institute traces its roots back to 1991 and the launch of the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Water Symposium.
SIWI hosts several flagship programmes, including- The UNDP-SIWI Water Governance Facility, the International Centre for Water Cooperation (ICWC), The Action Platform for Source-to-Sea Management (S2S Platform), and The Alliance for Global Water Adaptation (AGWA).