In news– State of India’s Livelihood (SOIL) Report 2021 has been released recently.
About the SOIL report-
- It is an annual report released at the Livelihood India Summit.
- Each year ACCESS organizes the Livelihoods India Summit, a national conference that targets about 500 delegates from the livelihoods sector including practitioners, policy makers, private sector, non-governmental organizations, donors, multilateral / bilateral organizations, academicians, researchers and other support organizations from within the country.
- It’s an authoritative commentary on policy and programmes of the government, potential opportunities for the poor, on the role of the private sector and the civil society in livelihoods promotion, tracks trends and analyses the environment in the sector.
- As per the report, a livelihood comprises the capabilities, assets and activities required for a means of living.
- As per the SOIL Report 2021, out of 63 lakh jobs lost last year, 15 lakh job losses were for women (23%).
- Unemployment amongst youth of ages 15-19 including minors was 67.21%, 20-24 was 45.28% and 25-29 was 13.24%.
Livelihood India Summit-
- The 11th edition of the summit was organized by ACCESS Development Services on 16th and 17th December, 2021, virtually with Niti Aayog as co-host.
- It looks into policies and activities significant for the promotion of livelihoods, the COVID-19 challenge and effect as an underlying theme.
- The theme of the summit was “Coping with the Pandemic: Lessons We Have Learnt & Way Forward”.
- Livelihoods India was initiated in 2010 as a national level initiative to bring together diverse stakeholders on a single platform to discuss critical issues that impede and afflict the livelihoods of the poor.