Sustainable Rooftop Implementation for Solar Transfiguration of India (SRISTI)
The scheme is a part of the larger grid-connected Rooftop Solar (RTS) power programme, aims to bring discoms to the forefront in the implementation of rooftop solar projects by providing them financial support which will be linked to their performance in facilitating the deployment of RTS.
Key Features of the Sristi Scheme:
- The scheme shall integrate discoms as an implementing agency in Phase II of rooftop solar scheme.
- The proposed scheme aims to achieve a national solar rooftop target of 40 GW till 2021-22.
- Under this schemes, it is proposed that Central Financial Assistance will be provided only for installation of roof top solar plants in residential sector.
- The residential users may install the plant of capacity as per their requirement and the regulations of respective state electricity regulatory commission. But, the subsidy support will be limited up to 5 kW capacity of plant
- The proposed scheme has set sector wise targets – with commercial and industrial sector to set 20,000 MW and the government, residential , social and institutional sector to set up 5000 MW