The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has greeted the people on the occasion of the Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Ramdas Ji.
- Guru Ram Das was the fourth of the ten Gurus of Sikkhism.
- He is credited with founding the holy city of Amritsar in the Sikh tradition.
- He invited merchants and artisans from other parts of India to settle into the new town with him.
- His son built the Gurudwara Harmandir Sahib and installed the scripture of Sikhism inside the new temple in 1604.
- He has composed 638 hymns, or about ten percent of hymns in the guru Granth sahib.
- He was a celebrated poet and composed his work in 30 ancient ragas of Indian classical music.
- Ram Das, along with Amar Das, are credited with various parts of the Anand and Laavan composition in Suhi mode.
- It is a part of the ritual of four clockwise circumambulation of the Sikh scripture by the bride and groom to solemnize the marriage in Sikh tradition.
- Ram Das extended the Manji system of religious organization by adding the masand institution.
- The masand were Sikh community leaders who lived far from the Guru, but acted to lead the distant congregations, their mutual interactions and collect revenue for Sikh activities and temple building.