8th edition of the annual Indian Navy – Sri Lanka Navy bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 is scheduled off Trincomalee, Sri Lanka from 19 to 21 October 2020.
- SLINEX-20 aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- The Sri Lanka Navy will be represented by
- SLN Ships Sayura (Offshore Patrol Vessel) and
- Gajabahu(Training Ship) led by Rear Admiral Bandara Jayathilaka,
- Indian Navy will be represented by
- Indigenously built ASW corvettes Kamorta and Kiltan
- In addition, Indian Navy Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and Chetak helicopters embarked onboard IN ships, and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft will also be participating.
- The previous edition of SLINEX was conducted off Visakhapatnam in September 2019.