Source: Press Information Bureau
Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), announced the launch of the SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
Key features of the programme
- As part of the programme, a two-year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing, co-created and designed by IBM, will be offered at the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- SkillsBuild offers digital learning content from IBM and partners such as CodeDoor, Coorpacademy, and Skillsoft.
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via MyInnerGenius to the students.
- They will then learn foundational knowledge about digital technologies, as well as professional skills such as resume-writing, problem solving and communication.
- Students will also receive recommendations on role-based education for specific jobs that include technical and professional learning
- This initiative is part of IBM’s global commitment to create a job-ready workforce and to build the next generation of skills needed for new collar careers.
- The platform is deployed with the support of leading NGOs like the Unnati and Edunet Foundation.
- IBM Volunteers along with the NGOs will offer students personalized coaching and experiential learning opportunities.