Source: PIB & Ministry of MSME
- Skill Upgradation & Mahila Coir Yojana (MCY) is one of the key schemes under the Scheme Coir Vikas Yojana earlier it was known as Coir Plan(General) scheme which provides development of domestic and export markets, skill development and training, empowerment of women, employment/entrepreneurship creation and development, enhanced raw material utilization, trade-related services, welfare activities for the coir workers, etc.
- Mahila Coir Yojana (MCY), in particular, aims at women empowerment through the provision of spinning equipment at subsidised rates after appropriate skill development training.
Nature of assistance
- The stipend per trainee for the skill development programmes will be limited to Rs.1000/- per month and in the case of training programmes of less than one-month duration, the stipend will be disbursed on a pro-rata basis. The honorarium for the trainer will be limited to Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- An amount of Rs.400/- per head per month will be provided as financial assistance to the training sponsoring agency to meet the operational cost of the training for raw material, power charges, other incidentals etc.
- Under MCY, the Coir Board provides 75% cost of motorised Ratt/motorised traditional Ratt as a one-time subsidy, subject to a ceiling of Rs.7,500 in the case of motorised Ratt and Rs.3,200 for motorised traditional and Electronic Ratt
Who can apply for the scheme?
Rural women artisans in regions producing coir fibre.