Source: Ministry of Textile
Silk Samagra is an Integrated Scheme for Development of Silk Industry which was launched to sustain and strengthen the Sericulture activities in the country.
Components of the scheme
- Research & Development, Training, Transfer of Technology and I.T. Initiatives
- Seed Organizations
- Coordination and Market Development and
- Quality Certification Systems (QCS) / Export Brand Promotion and Technology Upgradation.
- It emphasis on Collaborative research to strengthen genetic base and hybrid vigour
- It promotes R&D to increase crop cycles, increase systematic plantation of Vanya Silks for controlled rearing.
- The scheme promotes horizontal expansion of Sericulture in non traditional areas including North East through Cluster approach.
- It promotes Soil testing and issue of Soil Health Card to beneficiaries.
- It promotes organic farming and eco friendly Silk – Vanya Silk.
- The scheme provide critical input support to the beneficiaries from Kissan Nursery to Fabric production for productivity and quality improvement.
- Use of Silkworm by-products (pupa) for poultry feed, Sericin for cosmetic applications and product diversification into non-woven fabrics, Silk denim, Silk knit etc for added value realisation.
- Upgrade State Seed Multiplication facilities and encourage Private Participation in Seed production to match the raw Silk production target.
- Strengthening Seed Act through registration and reporting by seed production centres, basic seed farms and extension centres automated by developing web based software.
- Upgrade Reeling Technology and promote indigenously developed ARM & Improved Vanya reeling devices under “Make in India” Programme.
- Promote credit flow to Sericulture – promote SHG / Cluster approach.
- Brand promotion – Generic promotion of Indian Silk & Create global image for Indian Silk products.
- Extension of single window based SILKS (Sericulture Information Linked Knowledge System) portal to cover more districts for Sericulture expansion.
- Ensure Development of Sericulture Database for better planning. Free SMS Service on Cocoon & Raw Silk Price to all Registered Farmers & Reelers, and State functionaries.
- Mobile apps, audio, video spots, Institute Village Linked Programme and Cluster Promotion Programme to farmers