Six women led startups have won COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge organized by MyGov in collaboration with UN Women.
- MyGov in collaboration with UN Women, launched the COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge in April 2020 to encourage and involve women led startups to come up with innovative solutions that can help in the fight against COVID19.
- Applications were called from women led startups as well as startups who have solutions that address issues faced by a larger number of women.
- After thorough screening, 25 startups were shortlisted for presentations to the Jury.
- It evaluated the solutions proposed by the startups on the parameters that included innovation, usability, relevance and impact of their idea on the society.
- After giving time to the 11 Startups to develop the solutions, the final presentations were again made to the Jury on 27th Oct 2020.
Top 3 winners are as follows:
- Dr P Gayatri Hela, the founder of Bengaluru-based Resada Lifesciences Private Limited that designs and develops home and agricultural-based products using plant extracts instead of synthetic chemicals.
- Romita Ghosh,a cancer survivor, is the founder of Shimla-based iHeal HealthTech Private Limited which is a healthcare start-up that has been providing PPE kits to hospitals.
- Dr Anjana Ramkumar and Dr Anushka Ashokan of Kerala based Thanmatra Innovations Private Limited have come up with the innovative solution of an antimicrobial solution that could be sprayed into handkerchiefs or dupattas for making them safe to be used as Face Masks.
Top 3 Startups identified as Promising Solutions are:
- Vasanthi Palanivel, is the CEO & Co-Founder of Bengaluru-based Seragen BioTherapeutics Private Limited. She has developed a plasma solution to treat respiratory distress due to COVID-19.
- Shivi Kapil is the cofounder of Bengaluru-based Empathy Design Labs that designed Kriya, a wearable device for daily monitoring of pregnancy at home during COVID times.
- Jaya Parashar and Ankita Parashar – founder and co-founder of STREAM Minds, an ed-tech company, designed ‘Dobot’, a fully automated robot which acts as an in-house delivery assistant to make hospitals and healthcare clinics safe from the risks of COVID19.