- The Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched “ShramShakti”, a National Migration Support Portal at a programme held at Panjim, Goa.
About ShramShakti portal
- It would effectively help in the smooth formulation of state and national level programs for migrant workers.
- The tribal migration repository, ShramShakti would be able to successfully address the data gap and empower migrant workers who generally migrate in search of employment and income generation.
- The various data that will be recorded via Shram Shakti include demographic profile, livelihood options, skill mapping and migration pattern.
- It would also help the government in linking the migrant population with existing welfare schemes – under AtmaNirbhar Bharat; various data that will be recorded via ShramShakti include demographic profile, livelihood options, skill mapping and migration pattern.
- The cell would address multiple needs of migrants – legal support, skill development, job linkages, access to public services, health, insurance, financial inclusion
shramshakti Digital Data Solution
- Shramshakti is a National Migration Support Portal.
- Shram-Saathi is a training manual for migrant workers.
- Shramshakti and Shram-Saathi is a joint initiative of Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and Goa Government.
- The Chief Minister of Goa will also launch a dedicated Migration cell in Goa in order to facilitate and support approximately 4 lakh migrants who come from different States to Goa.
- The MoTA has also sanctioned Tribal research Institute, Tribal Museum, Van Dhan Kendras and Tribal Lok Utsav in Goa.
Atma-nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- Atma-nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (or Self-reliant India Mission) and said that in the days to come the government would unveil the details of an economic package — worth Rs 20 lakh crore or 10% of India’s GDP in 2019-20 — aimed towards achieving this mission
Atmanirbhar Bharat: With a special package
- PM has announced a special economic package and gave a clarion call for Self-reliant India.
- The package will provide a much-needed boost towards achieving self-reliance.
- This package, taken together with earlier announcements by the government during COVID crisis and decisions taken by RBI, is to the tune of Rs 20 lakh crore, which is equivalent to almost 10% of India’s GDP.
- The package will also focus on land, labour, liquidity and laws. It will cater to various sections including cottage industry, MSMEs, labourers, middle class, and industries, among others.
Five pillars of a self-reliant India
Self-reliant India will stand on five pillars viz.
1) Economy, which brings in quantum jump and not incremental change
2) Infrastructure, which should become the identity of India
3) System, based on 21st-century technology-driven arrangements
4) Vibrant Demography, which is our source of energy for a self-reliant India and
5) Demand, whereby the strength of our demand and supply chain should be utilized to full capacity