In News: The portal Shramik Shakti Manch (SAKSHAM) created by the Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) of the DST will connect labourers to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in their native places via WhatsApp.
WHAT IS SAKSHAM?
- In view of the current situation, which brought acute misery to lakhs of shramiks across India.
- TIFAC has taken up the mantle to create an economic revolution, by empowering the shramiks, through a system that is able to evaluate their skill proficiency through an intelligent data driven analysis, and then map them to industry requirements, preferably in and around their preferred locations.
- Through this initiative, that consists of an Industry Dashboard where businesses can get access to blue collar workers as well as various skilled shramiks, a Chat Bot system that keeps track of shramiks’ empowerment through their regular evaluation, and an Administrator Dashboard that can recommend hyperlocal policies and skill development plans; a revolution is underway.
- An intelligently designed online survey tool* to collect their primary data.
- A digital infrastructure to help businesses with their financial and operational requirements, particularly with respect to their skill needs.
- A dashboard which they can used to connect with skilled shramika around their region, thus killing the dependency on migration
- Data collection through multiple channels including partnerships with NGOs, primary survey, etc.
- A WhatsApp Chat Bot, already deployed in colloquial English and Hindi; seeks information from the shramiks about their past activities. Telugu and other languages in process.
- Connecting the migrant workers with the nearest available industry requirement.
- In the long term, with the available skill set database and the industry requirement, skill gaps could be identified and thus, it can help the policy makers significantly in planning the skill training programs. Therefore, ensuring long term vision post employment identification.
- This is the first of its kind survey in India.